Sunday, November 1, 2015

Ninth Week in MTC



сайн байна уу!

This week is going by so fast, it's crazy how these last few days are just flying by. I am supposed to leave in just 6 days. I just want to thank you all for the support that you have shown me and the encouraging letters that you send me each week.

So this email is going to be a little short, but I wanted to share a few things that I have learned here. We had the opportunity on Tuesday to hear from Elder Neil L Anderson, this was one of the most powerful experiences I have had. I was 3 rows away from where he was speaking, and it was incredible. When he stepped in the room and we all stood, there was an overwhelming feeling of the Spirit. It was so neat being able to hear from an apostle of God in such a close setting like this and to know that the message he had was specifically for us. 

He shared with us these 4 topics: Sacrifice, Opposition, Adversary, and Deliverance.

When he spoke of sacrifice he mentions how we all give up something in life. "Sacrifice is an eternal principle" We continue throughout our life to sacrifice things. For example he mentioned how we all had to sacrifice something to come on a mission. What really stood out to me though was when he asked the question, "Is my sacrifice enough?"

This is something that I had been pondering before and wanted to know that if what I was doing was enough. D&C 97:8 says every sacrifice is accepted of Him. No matter how big or how small our sacrifice is to the Lord it is enough, we are enough. What we are doing is great in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. As we are doing as we should with diligence, a sincere heart and real intent, it is enough. We also can't compare ourselves to others. We will meet some exceptional people in our life but that doesn't matter. Who we are is perfect and God takes us where we are in our life right now and He will mold us into the person who he desires and needs us to be. Discouragement, doubt and fear are our biggest enemy and Satan uses this tool to his advantage. We should only be comparing ourselves to ourselves. Who we were a year ago is different than who we are today and who we will be tomorrow is different than today. We are not the same, we continue to get better each day and that is what our Heavenly Father asks of us. Every sacrifice we make, the Lord gives back 1000 times more. Keep that in mind the next time you ask, How can I give this up? Because what we gain in return is worth far more. I for one am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who is so anxious to bless His children. I know he loves us with an unimaginably and unconditional love. He knows us, he knows our needs even before we ask him. He knows our desires and he will answer our prayers. He will come unto us if we need help, but it is us who need to come unto Him. 

We are enough. Heavenly Father will take us as we are. As we turn to Him and ask for his assistance in our life, His hand will be there to lift us up. Heavenly Father will not take our trials from us, but he will be there to strengthen us so that we will be able to bear them. This is how we are able to grow in this life for without trials, there is no need for us to change and become more than we are. Trials allow us to humble ourselves and turn to our Savior for help and recognize that we can't do it on our own.

This truly is the Plan of Happiness and it is perfect. I am grateful for a prophet and the fact that we get to be led by one today. I know Thomas S Monson is the current prophet on the Earth today. He is God's mouthpiece and he will help guide us back to our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the 12 apostles and I know that they have been called by God. They are His servants and what a great responsibility they hold. What better way to show that Heavenly Father loves us than the fact he gave us a prophet. We are able to know God's will through our prophet and we need to recognize what a great blessing this is. Heavenly Father has not left us alone. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the joy it has brought to my life. This gospel is true and I know that with all my heart. I am excited to be able to share His message with those in Mongolia who are being prepared right now to receive it. My only hope and prayer is that I will continue to be worthy, diligent, obedient, and have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost so that I may be able to reach and teach EVERY single person that my Father in Heaven needs me to reach at this time. I am not perfect, I have my shortcomings and my weaknesses but through the beautiful gift of the atonement we are able to overcome those faults and become better each day. We are not perfect but we are destined to become perfect, not by ourselves but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the enabling power it provides. It is more than just a cleansing power, which is one of its great gifts but it also gives us the power and strength to do so much more.

 
хаиртай шүү,

кэрбий эгч

No comments:

Post a Comment