Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25, 2016

Hello,


We did have our baptism :)and it was amazing! I seriously am so thankful for this family! We actually had a great lesson with them about two days before they were baptized and it helped show me that the work we do here, We may never be able to see the blessings that come from it but it doesn't mean that they won't come. This family is great but for me it was also my hardest family. Why? Well I felt like I wasn't really doing much to help them. Every lesson I taught I thought they can't understand me and I’m probably not even teaching or saying anything that will help them. Plus I also have a really hard time understanding this family. Most of our investigators I understand fairly well but for the life of me I could not understand them. I still have trouble understanding sometimes. haha. But after this lesson, I bore my testimony to them and I told them how proud I was of them and that they were following the right path and that they were going to be great members. Of course right after I started bearing my testimony I started crying and I shared with them how much I loved them and how great their family was and the wife started crying as well. The spirit was so strong, I will never forget this moment. I told them how much their father in heaven loved them and how much their savior did and that Heavenly Father only wants us to try our best. I told them that I know they probably don't understand me sometimes but I love them and have been glad to get to know them. 
It was funny, right after I said that, they were both like no! We understand you perfectly and you speak very well. They showed me that they did understand me and it made me realize that we never really know what we say will help someone. You don’t need to be fluent or anything in order to love someone. They will be able to feel it and the Lord has helped a lot in this work. We have both been edified as the D and C scripture says and we have both understood one another. Not always perfectly but it doesn't matter if it wasn't perfect. We were able to communicate just fine and love was there and that is most important. After the baptism, before we left, Bayrjawhlan came up to us and asked how much would a trip cost to go to America to go to the temple. We weren't sure but we told him that the closest one to them is Hong Kong and that we would find out for him and that our next meeting we can create a plan for them. They already want to start saving so that they can go to the temple as a family! They truly know the importance and their next goal! It is so exciting to see! They really were a prepared family! I am excited for them! It was a great day!




On the other hand a crazy funny story happened to me.... As we were teaching a lesson, at the end of it this man tried to kiss me!! Yea we were teaching our investigators and this grandmas son was there who isn't a member and he was a little drunk which I wasn't quite sure of at the time if he was but anyways at the end he asked for my hand and I gave it to him thinking he was shaking it goodbye.. NOPE! He pulled me down in front of him and then asked if he could kiss me. Of course I couldn't understand what he was saying at first but he kept getting closer to me and I had to back up each time. But he kept asking me. Everyone in the room was saying you can’t and I’m just like what the heck is going on! I don't understand anything except everyone is saying boloogvi! haha so of course I answer saying that and I finally look to my companion and I’m like what the heck is going on and she was like he is asking to kiss you. Finally understanding, I pull my hand away stood up, told him no and told my companion that we are leaving. hahah so yea that was fun..... Plenty of stories like that have happened to me but I’ll tell you about that later.... haha


I’m with sister Hawkins the group ahead of me for English. And the other two sisters helping with reviewing is sister Bollwinkel and sister Ulsen :) Communication with BYU is through skype when we discuss the English program and how it’s coming along. We only spend 12 hours a week for English and the rest is for teaching the gospel so we are busy like 24/7. We don’t have a lot of free time on our hands so we never have to ask okay what do we do now so that is nice.

Have a good week! Look for the blessings in your own life; you never know what you may find and how much to see you have been blessed!

                                                                                                Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment