Sunday, September 20, 2015

Third Week in MTC




Hello my beautiful family and friends,

So this week I actually have no idea what has really happened... It has all kind of been a blur. I am not kidding when I say that the days here are super long and the weeks go by fast! I hope everyone has been doing well. This probably won't be a super long letter so I am sorry about that and if it is, it's probably just because I end up rambling on about something or nothing all at the same time. So bear with me... :)

So Wednesday we had some new sisters arrive here and so we had to pick them up at the front desk and take them to their rooms and show them around type thing. We also had a Branch meeting where we explained all the rules and our schedule so that was fun! I have actually been studying Charity this past couple of days and have been trying to develop that attribute in my own life. My calling as a Sister Zone Leader has actually helped a lot with this. Especially since the beginning of this week was a little rough with the language and honestly I am not quite sure why but everyone in my district was just having a hard time, but I am so much better now. Part of that is because with the new sisters, they have taken a lot of my time and I have been so focused on their needs and what help I can give them that I have shifted my focus more towards them and less on myself. Let me just say that I have so much love for these sisters. They bring such a LOUD FUN and CRAZY energy to our branch and I love it! They are from Tonga, Samoa, and the Marshall Islands so it has been great getting to know them! I have been able to serve these wonderful sisters and have gained a great friendship with all of them. Don't worry I will attach a picture of them so you can see how cute they all are!


I think that this has been exactly what I needed. Another thing that has helped me is something my teacher said to us the other day. He said, "Pray like everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you." I have come to learn that this is not something that I can do on my own. I need to put my trust in Heavenly Father and in His time. By working diligently and trying my best to be doing what I need to will allow him to make up the rest. As long as I am giving my 100 percent, Heavenly Father will recognize that. I am truly grateful for this experience. It has probably been one of the hardest decisions I have made but I know it will bring blessings to not only my life but to the ones I will be serving.

I already love the people I am about to serve and I haven't even met them yet! I can't wait to be able to teach them and to be able to learn from them as well. So, I suppose I will explain this weeks title for you. We sang this song for our devotional this week and it has been stuck in Sister B's and my head all week! I will do a brief explanation of this song and what it means. The movie The Other Side of Heaven which is based on the actual Elder who served in Tonga and the experiences he went through. I don't know when he began doing this but later in his life he started teaching in a prison and he taught them about the gospel and he brought hope into their life and forever changed them. This song was written for him by these prisoners. Our choir director was asked by him one time to sing this song before he spoke one evening which is how he got a copy of this song. So that is the story behind my title. Exciting I know... haha

Language Update: Like I mentioned earlier, it is difficult but I am slowly getting the hang of it. I guess you could say for only being here a little over 2 weeks I am doing pretty well. When we were planning our lesson for our investigator, Sis. B and I wrote it out in English and then we would say it in Mongolian. Usually we write it out in Mongolian and just read it but this time we wanted to see if we could do it and we did! It helped us realize that we actually know a lot more than we think we do. We have been sent here for a reason and Heavenly Father knows us a lot better than we know ourselves and He knows what we are capable of. I hope everyone who reads this keeps that in mind:) I love you all!

Companion Update: Sis B is hilarious as always. This week she has been into hashtags and so pretty much everything we say has one. For example: #winning #awkward. I love her, she definitely keeps things fun. 

Anyways, I think that is about all I have for this week! I love you all and hope that each of you are doing well and have a great weekend!

Love,

Sister Kerby





No comments:

Post a Comment