Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 11, 2015




Hello Everyone!

YES I AM ALIVE AND GREAT! There is nothing better you can do with your time than teaching the gospel! Especially to those who have no idea what it means. In Mongolian, gospel is actually translated to "good news" so when we talk to them they are always like so what is this good news. haha. How some of the words translate over doesn’t quite mean the exact same thing so we have to explain it really well. Our church pretty much has its new language that our investigators have to learn as well so I am in the same boat as them. haha

Well another week has flown by and it is crazy to think that is almost the end of December! Transfers are this week so I will find out whether or not Solongo and I will stay companions for the next 12 weeks. I hope so because although it is difficult getting used to a companion and we have faced a few challenges, having a Mongolian companion truly is a blessing and I have learned a lot from her. I have also been able to learn a lot about myself in the process. This truly has been an eye opening experience and I only continue to hope that I will work on becoming the missionary I need to be to best serve these wonderful people. The people in Mongolia are so special and they are so different here. They are such a hardworking people and they are caring. I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve here and I am only beginning to realize what a blessing this has been to me. I didn't realize before what a unique opportunity I have to be here and this has been what has helped me change my attitude. Mongolia is being prepared to receive this gospel and I have the opportunity to be one of the few servants that are able to help push this work forward. No matter how difficult it may be or challenges I face along the way. I am making experiences here that I wouldn't change for the world. I have been able to come to know my Savior and learn more of Him and the knowledge and testimony I have gained since being on my mission is one that I will never give up.

Most of my group are with American companions. There are only about 3 of us who were able to have a Mongolian companion so I should consider myself fortunate to have that opportunity to learn from her. 



After our English lesson, we don't take time to prepare for the next one. We leave our school and take the bus back to meet with our companions. After we get back together we either have to finish our studies or we go and teach lessons to the people we planned to meet with that day. The way that our program is set up for English makes it so that we don't have to prepare a lot to teach the lesson which is really nice since we don't have enough time to prepare. But we are prepared enough so that when we do teach, the students are able to learn as much as they can from us. 






Sister Nelson and I were walking to the bus and we found a huge Christmas tree that was set up so we decided to take a picture with it! They actually don't really celebrate Christmas here so the only thing that makes it feel like this time of year is the snow. Plus my companion loves singing Christmas songs. I just taught her Rudolph the red nosed reindeer so she has been memorizing that and we sing it a lot. 


 


















Here is my new coat!



 We also went to this place called Sara's Bakery which is so delicious! I had this caramel cake and it was so cheap! It was only about 75 cents in American money! It was one of the best desserts I have had here! They have a lot of different foods and candies that are so good; I can't wait to bring some home so you can all try some!






We also put up some Christmas lights in our apartment. You can’t really see them but they are fun! They flash and everything so it’s like a party in our apartment. haha 


Love,
The sushi thing, it was actually really good!
Sister Kerby





No comments:

Post a Comment