Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 4, 2016




So everyone is talking about Conference! I am so excited to be able to see it! We have to wait until they translate it in Mongolian but this week they should finish and so we will spend Saturday and Sunday watching it! Let me tell you I am so excited to hear it! I can't believe it is already Conference again! I just heard it in the MTC and now I have the opportunity to hear it again! It just shows how fast time flies!

Okay so I remembered my planner :) Thank goodness! I cannot live without that thing! So the scriptures I wanted to share with you all from last week were John 14: 18, 27. These are so simple yet powerful. They remind me of when I say my testimony in Mongolian and even though it is really simple at times. I know with all my heart that what I am saying is true and that is what makes it powerful. Most of the things we say, no matter how simple they may seem, can make a bigger impact then we know. When we truly believe what we teach and what we say, it doesn't matter how it sounds, it is the feeling we bring and the Spirit that is able to testify of those things that matters.

The Lord tells us in these scriptures, "Peace I give unto you, let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid." And he says comfort I will give you. I will come to you. Our Father in Heaven is always there for us and as this last week was Easter, we had the opportunity to remember our Savior and all that he has done for us and the miracle it is that we are able to live again and for all eternity not only with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ but also our families. What greater gift is there? So even though we have hard times in our lives.... it's okay because we have something even greater to look forward to. Sometimes we forget how small the amount of time is that we actually spend here on Earth. This is the most important time because here is how we learn and are able to become as our Heavenly Father but it is only a small fraction compared to what we will have after this life. We have so much to look forward to so we can't get caught up in all our hardships that we face right now. We just have to keep going forward, focus on what we have been blessed with and remember where our end goal actually is. Our goal is Exaltation and so all that we face right now is so tiny compared to the reward and blessings we will receive later as long as we are worthy and obey the commandments we have been given.
As I have been here, I have had a lot of experiences where I am just kind of like what the heck, why is this happening to me? But I know that during each of those times, I was given exactly what I needed to keep going. I have been extremely blessed on my mission and have been able to see a lot of great things and meet a lot of people. They are what make it all worth it. When I teach these wonderful people, that is when I am most happy. Seeing their faces as they hear this doctrine for the first time is something that I will never forget. Our Zone Conference was this weekend and Sister Benson, our Presidents wife, shared about how she worked at the English Learning Center back in Provo and there were some Mongolians there and she was there when they got the Book of Mormon for the first time. "She saw their faces as they opened this book for the first time in their life and started reading it and how happy and joyful they were and how they treated it like a special gift from God." How often do we treat the Book of Mormon as this special gift from God? Do we take the time to read it and study it each day? Even if we have read it multiple times, there are still new things we can learn from it. Coming here and seeing this people and how they treat the book of Mormon reminds me of how special it really is. The church is still really new here. The book of Mormon has only been here for about 10 years now. What a great blessing that we have been able to have this for our whole life.

We also had a fun experience this week being able to play some basketball with some kids while we waited to teach their families because they weren’t home yet. It was so fun! I can definitely cross that off my list :) Playing basketball in these old run down playgrounds with Mongolian kids! What could be better? I love them so much. Anyways we had a great lesson with them and as we were teaching, our new members older brother was there with his wife and kid and so we taught them and shared Alma 7 with them! It was great. The husband wants to learn more about our church and was very curious since his grandma and younger brothers always talk about this church and so he wants to know why it is so great! We are planning to meet with him this week! I am excited! This could be our family :) Anyways, this is all I have time for! I love you all and have a great week!
love,
Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment