Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 7, 2016

Hello!

I hope that everyone was able to have a great week! I was asked to teach English at the Mission Home during the summer. During the English Conference that we had, we passed around a sign-up sheet for those who were interested to do a class during the summer where we would train them how to teach English. So I was chosen to be one of those teachers. However, when Monday actually came, we were expecting a lot more people to come. However not many showed up and so Sister Nelson and I don't have to teach English anymore. So, since we had that happen, it just messed with our Pday and then we weren't able to do it. I am kind of glad though cause now I don't have to worry about teaching English during the summer, so I can just do missionary work :) Plus I now have a higher chance of being able to go to the countryside so that made me happy. If I was teaching at the Baynzurkh I wouldn't be able to do that so now my chances increased! But yea that is why I didn't have pday until today. 

Also, I got a new companion! Yup it isn't even transfers yet but there was a mini transfer that
happened and so for the next 2 weeks, I have Ariuntungalag for my companion, and yes she is a Mongolian in case you didn't guess. haha. Who knows, maybe Sister Ruu is going to be my only American companion for my whole mission! But I am only with her until the 24th because then we have actual transfers that will happen. Who knows though, maybe I will end up staying with her for the summer but I don't know. She is really cute. She is just this tiny little Mongolian. She is funny because she doesn't like the sun or walking. So she complains about that sometimes but I am just like well you are a missionary and so you have to. haha but she is good, we get along pretty well so I am happy about that.

 
         we painted some hands which were free and it was to           express  your inner thoughts
Lets see other news... we haven't had hot water for the past 3 weeks now. It has been freezing water and so what we have to do in order to shower is to boil pots and then mix it with cold water to make it warm water and that is pretty much how we have to shower... yea not the funest thing in the world but I am getting pretty good at it! haha. You guys would be proud to see me now :)

I also did some service with Sister Lichtenberg today. That was fun. My companion wanted to sleep for pday today and then sister Lichtenberg’s companion was sick and since we live in the same apartment we got permission to do a split so I was able to go up to Jargalant area with Sister L and do the service project with her. It was fun. We just helped an older lady change her ger from a winter one to a spring one :) We basically covered her ger in plastic and then scotch taped it. lol. It was a lot of fun, we then put the cover on the ger which is a light tarpish thing and then tied this rope around the whole thing. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed spending time with her. 

We also had another service opportunity. As Tungaa and I were walking through our area after a meeting, we ran into a lady who had this huge bag of cans and plastic bottles that she was collecting to recycle and so we helped her put those in her bag and since it was really heavy and she needed a cart to pull it all and her husband ended up being sick, she had a long way to carry it and so we took some time to help her. It was a lot of fun and a great opportunity. We got to know her and we will probably meet with her and her husband this week. Yay for a PI! :) Opportunities really are everywhere :) As we were taking the cans we also ran into some adorable puppies which of course I had to take pics with! They were so cute! It was a good week!

Well that is about it! I love you all and hope you have a great week :)
This was Children's Day


Love, Sister Kerby