Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10, 2017

Hello Everyone,

This week has been really good :) this past Saturday I went on a split with Sister Bottorff and it was a lot of fun. I was able to go to the Baynzurkh area and visit with her people. It was my first STL split and I loved it. Solongo (my trainer) lives in that area with her mom and her mom is an investigator and so we had the opportunity to go meet with her. It was so much fun! Solongo ended up not being home but it was fun because her mom was there and I showed her some pictures of when I was with her daughter and she just loved it. They were having family come in from "the countryside" It’s just a couple hours from the city and so they were having one of their little Mongolian party things that they do and it was a little awkward because it’s just a bunch of people there talking and we didn't know they were having this and so we are just sitting there like okay... haha. but it ended up being really cool because I asked Dolgorsuren (Solongo's mom) if we could share a scripture and so she gathered everyone and we shared Mosiah 4:9 and talked about God. It was really cool because her other family members are not members and so we were able to talk to them and teach them and then because we had a book of Mormon that we could give away, I ended up giving it to the husband of one of the wives there and he was just like all excited and asking questions about how it was different from the bible and was just like okay I will read it! Hopefully they will start meeting with the missionaries in Nalaikh. That would be awesome! I was going to get their number and pass them on to the missionaries but they said that they would go to our church that is down by where they lived on Sunday and so I said okay. It was cool because then on Sunday, Solongo ended up sitting in our ward on Sunday and was like hey I heard that you came to my house yesterday and gave my family member a book of Mormon and I was like yea, and she told me, yea he said he was going to read it, and it just made me feel happy that I had done that. I wasn't thinking much of it, I was just like yea you should take it and if you are able to please read it and meet with the missionaries down there so who knows what will come of that experience but you never know. Hopefully something does :). It was a good day. Although we ate so much, I felt like I was going to die... we literally kept getting fed house after house... haha.

Our work is going good in Sansar right now. We have some good investigators that we are working with. We were having trouble finding some less actives to meet with but we have been meeting with the members a lot more and so this week we have been able to find a lot more less actives thanks to them. The members know this area so much better than us and so I have gained a strong testimony of member missionary work and how the members can really help with the work. We actually met with one of the less actives on Monday and did a family home evening with them. Turns out the dad is a return missionary and served in the Ogden Utah mission and hasn't been to church in a while. So we are teaching his family now. So it’s him, his wife, and they have three really cute kids. The family is awesome! I’m excited that we were able to find them. They even gave us a referral of another less active woman that lives close to them and they were like go meet with her. It’s really cool how these things happen when you are trying to do the Lords work. Everything truly does just fall into place and there is such joy to be found when you get the chance to be able to help these people. It truly is amazing!




Last pday we went to this mall in han uul and went to this 3D museum and took some fun pics and then we went and rode go karts that was really fun! So even though we didn't go sledding we had a lot of fun doing those things!














Hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Kerby

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! If you need anything else for your mission try Sorella Bella - http://www.sistermissionaryclothes.com

    ReplyDelete