Friday, January 22, 2016

January 18, 2016



Image result for christus      Put Your Confidence in the Lord


Sain baina uu! (yes, that is how you spell it) I have been learning to text in Mongolian the past couple of weeks and they use our alphabet when spelling. it has been fun being able to learn that! it is crazy because first I am learning the Mongolian Language and then I have to learn the Scriptural Mongolian because of course it is slightly different and then I need to learn to text in Mongolian and I have also been learning how to write Mongolian in cursive... It is a lot to remember but is is so fun being able to learn it all! The language is coming along! I finally figured out how to pray for the most part! Yes I know... It has been 3 months and I am just now figuring out prayer :) haha, what can I say this language is a hard one :) but no worries as you can tell from what I titled my letter this week, you will understand as you keep reading why I wrote that. Anyways, the language is still coming along. We had our Zone Training on Saturday and they had us teach Repentance to another person and we had ourselves recorded so that during our next district meeting we will watch them and then go over what we did well and what we need to improve on and how we can improve. It has actually been helpful practicing like this. it makes it easier for when I actually have to teach it. So I don't know if I told you about this but we have a 42 principle notebook that President Benson has asked us to do which is all the principles that we are to teach from Preach my Gospel, the first being God is our loving Heavenly Father and then the gospel blessing families, etc. Anyways so in this book we have to write how to teach each principal. First it is in English and then we translate it to Mongolian. So president has asked us to have all of this done by the time our 12 weeks is over so I am almost done with mine. I just have a few laws and ordinances that I need to do from lesson 5 and then I will be finished. But anyways I finally finished my repentance principal and its translated and even has been looked over by a Mongolian so I know its all right ;) this book is a really good idea, because it helps with the language and then it helps you really come to learn and know the principal you are teaching. Not only do you learn it but as you are thinking about what to teach regarding the principal you thing about exactly why you are teaching it and why it is important. Then you think about how it will help you investigators life. It is really cool and has helped a lot. The point of this book is to get you started with your language and then throughout your mission you improve it and continue to make it better than before. You will add scriptures and personal experiences to it and this is what helps you learn the language and be able to teach better. This was President Bensons goal for it and it has been helpful. sorry I feel like I rambled a little bit about that, my bad. I hope it all makes sense. :)

YES OTGONDELGER IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!! WHOOOOO! I am sure you can tell I am excited about that. :) Her baptism will be this Friday and I can't wait. It is such a special moment and I am so glad that I have been able to teach her since the very beginning so that makes this even more special for me! I don't know who will be performing the baptism. I think it will most likely be a member.

To answer some questions from others, I won't stay in the same place my whole mission. I will definitely move around and during the summer is when I will most likely be sent to the countryside since that is when most schools are out for break. I don't need to be stationary just because I teach English.

The next group of missionaries won't be coming until March. Their group is about the same size as our group was. We have had a few Mongolian missionaries come in but that is mostly because they are waiting for their visas so once they get them they will leave for America. Other than that we don't get mew missionaries often. We sometimes get mini missionaries but they are only here for as long as President Benson needs them to be.

So this week has been good, it has been a leaning experience for me. I realized this week that I wasn't relying on the Savior as much as I thought I was. I thought that I was, but I was thinking about it the other day and I am not. I have been praying for His help and asking for some kind of guidance but I noticed that I have been relying too much on my own abilities and what I am capable of doing. And then I realized that I was so focused on what I could do and the things that I couldn't do but this isn't about me. I need to put my confidence in the Lord and rely on his abilities because he can do all things. He overcame the world and he was able to save us all. I am learning to truly rely on him and learn what it means to place my confidence in him.


Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment