Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016

Sain uu!

Earlier Picture of Kristin in 1st area. This is the deel clothing.

So this week was an adventure especially with it being Tsaagan Sar and everything. I took some great pictures. Unfortunately the internet place we are at this week has no USB port so I can't send you the pictures so you will have to wait until next week to get it! Sorry:/ I was excited to share them cause I know it has been a while since I have sent pics! And yes it is the traditional clothing that is called a deel. Today Jargalsuren and I are actually going to look for the material to get one made, not that the holiday is over the material will probably be on sale:) 

So my companion got her Visa! Today we will find out when she will be leaving and when she will have her interview with the American Embassy! I am so excited for her! If she leaves during the middle of this transfer then I will most likely be getting a mini missionary! That will be fun! haha. The girl in the one pic that I sent from last my last area from LA, her companion was a mini missionary too, she was from Mongolia, all mini missionaries are from Mongolia. Also white washing means that both missionaries are new to the area. It means we both don't know the area or the investigators or anything about the place.

So like I mentioned this week was fun, on the actual Tsaagan Sar day we weren't able to teach anyone because they were with their families which was too bad so we pretty much spent all day doing studies. But the rest of the week we were able to meet with some members and investigators and it was so fun being able to really experience their culture and some of their traditions. I learned how they great and what they say to each other. It was so fun! Plus it was cool because everyone was wearing their deels so it was fun! It is an interesting but beautiful culture here! It was a great week except for the part where I got food poisoning.... yea.... I don't know if it was the 20 buuz that I ate in one day or the Mexican food that they feed us at the church that killed me but either way I was out for 2 days and couldn't do much at all! It was awful! But don't worry! I survived and am alive to tell the tale! However, I am crossing that off the list and hope to never experience that again! lol.

Our investigators are doing great, we have 2 baptisms coming up at the end of this month so I am so excited for them. It is Munkhsaruul and Turmunkh, they are both 15 year olds, girl and boy. They are so cute! We met with Munkhsarruls family because President is really serious about the parents needing to know this gospel just as well so that they can give the necessary support that they need to after their kids are baptized. They need to know about baptism and the commandments so that they can fully support them. It is a really good idea because family is so important and the main influence and if the kids don't have this then they are less likely to stay active so we have to make sure that everyone under the age of 18 really has their parents support, permission and a fairly good understanding of our doctrine so it was good that we met with them! Her family actually came to church this Sunday so it was great! We hope to begin teaching them the lessons! I would love to see them baptized as a family!

Anyhow that is all for this week! hope you have a great week!

Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment