Thursday, February 4, 2016

February 1, 2016




Sain uu!

So I was officially transferred this week:( I am no longer in the Songino (which means Onion in Mongolian) Ward. I am sad to have left. This was a great ward and I am going to miss my investigators so much! We had found to new investigators that week and taught them the first lesson and they are so ready to hear this gospel. I am sad that I won't be able to teach them the lessons but i know the Elders who replaced us are great so I am leaving them in good hands. I know the Lord is directing his work so I know that I am meant to be wear i am now. So as you are probably wondering, I am now serving in the Han-Uul Ward with my new companion Jargalcyran. Yes, I have another Mongolian companion which I am so grateful for. I know that I will learn a lot from her and that we will be able to help each other this transfer. She is actually not called to serve in Mongolia. She is called to Temple Square mission but she is waiting for her Visa to come in so now she is just serving in Mongolia until she gets it. She came to the mission the transfer after I did. So I am actually training her right now. I am doing the second half of the 12 weeks training with her so it will be fun being able to train her and help her in any way that i can. I was a little overwhelmed at first with the idea of being a trainer since I don’t know the language very well but I know there is more to being a trainer than speaking the language.

I am actually not sure what I want to write about this week. haha. I feel like so much has happened but at the same time not really. We have just been so busy with transfers this week because this transfer was a big one. Solongo ended up going to the country side and is serving in Hovd right now. We were all surprised because they haven’t sent sisters there in a while so it means that she is meant to do some great work there. I will miss her a lot! I learned a great deal about myself and I grew a lot from this companionship. I hope that I continue to have experiences such as this so that I can continue to learn and grow.

  Next week is Tsagaan Sar which is a major Mongolian Holiday so I will write about it this coming week! Here are pics of my new apartment. It is one of the nicest in the mission so I am lucky! Would have been nice to get it near the end of my mission but oh well! It is nice because it is super close to my school like I can walk to my school from my apartment so it saves a lot of time! Also these were the sisters I was living with in my last apartment. Sister Ruu the other white missionary is from LA. We got really close and have already planned some road trips :) she also attends BYU so I will see her at school! 






One last little spiritual thought I want to share. Even though we face moments in our life that don't go according to our plan and how we want it to turn out, it’s okay. Even though it wasn't how we wanted it to be, just know that it is His plan. Everything is working out according to His plan and He is in control. Never worry about that. As we are faithful in following His commandments and keeping the covenants we have made, we just need to put our trust in Him and it will all work out. Press forward in faith and He will direct our paths. Heavenly Father sends us assurances to help us know it will work out. Look for those assurances in your life and you will find them even in ways you may not expect. These assurances help us know that one day we will be delivered out of our trial. Maybe not when or how we expect it to be, but the lord assures us he will. I know he will, I bear testimony that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ are mindful of us and the challenges we face. They will give us the strength that we stand in need of. Don't worry, you can overcome them because like He said to Joseph Smith, Your afflictions will be but a moment and if you endure it well, it will be for the benefit of yourself.
Have a great week!

Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment