Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 7, 2016

Where do I even begin?

I guess I will start by answering your questions... The language is still coming along.... I understand a lot more but I still have a lot of trouble speaking it. Some days are better than others. Some days I will have a great lesson and then the next day I will feel like I don't know this language at all. haha. I know that I have grown a lot in this area, somewhat in the language, but mostly in just having to learn how everything works. This area I have felt like I am really learning how to be a missionary especially since my former companions did most of the work before and Sister de Ruyter doesn't know the area very well yet so I have had to take the lead with some things but it has been good for me. The Lord probably new that I needed to have this experience so I am grateful for the opportunity that he has given me to lead and do more than I thought I could. It is funny how the Lord truly does qualify us in the callings that He has given us. No matter how inadequate we may feel in a position we have been assigned to, that doesn't matter because the Lord always qualifies those whom he calls.





Oh. so Sister de Ruyter's former companions were mini missionaries so near the end of last transfer she was with a trio, Bayartsetseg and Otgonbileg which is why I had a feeling that when my companion left I would be put with Sister de Ruyter since she was in a trio. It all worked out though which is great! I am thankful that out of all the sisters I was put with Sis Roo! We both consider ourselves very lucky!


Yea our water boiler and air filter are now officially working again!



So this week Sister Nelson and I had a cool experience. So since we teach on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with Sister Roo's teaching schedule also being around the same time we decided it would be easiest if we just did a 24 hour exchange that day so Sister Nelson and I became companions for teaching and then she spent the night at our apartment so that we could just go straight to class the next day. It worked perfectly. So we were working in my area on Tuesday and went to go teach one of my investigators and his family. Now you know how Sister Nelson and I are from the same group so we were terrified of course and it was scary but guess what! It ended up being a great lesson. It actually testified to me how much it really doesn't matter that we don't know the language well. We were teaching the family about God and our lesson wasn't perfect but we showed how much we loved them and through what we knew, we shared how important our message was. And also how simple it is. Our message is simply that God is our loving Heavenly Father and he has given us a plan so that we can be happy. Part of that plan is families and through families we are supported and we help each other so that we can return to our Father in Heaven. After we shared our message the father actually asked us when we can meet again! I didn't even have to ask them! He wanted to meet with us. All they want to know is the truth. It doesn't matter if we can't speak well, they just want to know more! It was such a blessing being able to realize that. Despite our shortcomings and weaknesses, the Lord's work continues to move on!

This gospel truly is such a great blessing! How lucky we are to be able to have this! I am so thankful for this knowledge and for the opportunity I have to continue to learn more and help not only others come unto Christ but also myself as well!

I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Remember that the Lord will qualify you in all that He asks you to do. Never fear that you can't do it. He knows your personality and all that you have to offer. He knows us so much better than we know ourselves so just trust in Him.

Love, Sister Kerby

"Only in Mongolia does it finally get warm enough that it snows!"



Send us some of your San Diego weather please! haha.





Also another funny thing that happened...
"When your taxi driver has 'What does the fox say?' as his ringtone" It was so funny. All of the sudden his phone goes off and we hear cat goes meow, dog goes woof.... hahaha 

love ya



No comments:

Post a Comment