Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 12, 2016

Hello,

Well it’s been a busy and long week! It has gone by really fast and I can't believe it is Monday again already. Well things are going fairly well. I’ve been sick as well this past week so it has made it really hard. I had a cold but then I don't know from what but I got super sick last night. It wasn't fun... My body is not the same anymore. It has been hard and has made the weeks long. I am still working hard though. The area is getting a little better. I am starting to find my way around a bit better too. We don't have a lot of investigators here, like pretty much none. But we had a cool experience this last Thursday. We had a last minute lesson with a member and it turns out that her sister was here. Now her sister came to church this past Sunday but when I talked to her she didn't seem too interested and she wasn’t understanding me very well. Anyways on Thursday she happened to be at her sister’s house and I’ll be honest I didn't want to really talk to her. Mostly because I was like she doesn't understand me this is hard and she wasn't really interested but after talking to the member a little bit more I finally decided that I really needed to talk to her sister. I asked about when she went to church how did she liked it and she was just like I don't know. So then I asked if she would be interested in
talking to us and meeting with us one time so we could teach her a lesson about our church and she said yes, so then I noticed we had time so then I was like well can we teach you right now and she said okay. So we taught the first lesson to her. She wasn't understanding well. Like not just because of our language but she also didn't even understand her sister when she explained it. haha. Everything is just new to her. She has no religious background whatsoever so that is why she wasn't understanding. So yea it was cool, we were able to find another investigator from just being bold and asking. It was a cool experience. We are meeting with her again tonight so we will see how that goes. :)
Pictures of  Kristin's new area
As for the long distance branch, that is going pretty well. Sister Austin and I gave talks last week for it! The Senior couple is in charge of finding people to give talks for it. So yea that was good. They don't meet in a building or anything. This happens in their phone. They are so far from a church building because they live far out in the countryside and so that is why they call in. If they have priesthood holders in their home and have received permission, then they can bless the sacrament in their home and partake of it that way. But yea it’s just a regular sacrament meeting, they are just on the phone while it is happening. It is interesting.

Well everything else is going pretty good. My companion is doing well! Sorry not much to really report this week. I’m still not feeling a 100 percent so I’m not exactly sure what to write about because I can't really remember what happened. haha. Right now we are basically just meeting with less actives and new members and I really love them so even though the work doesn't seem like a whole lot. We are able to meet some great people here and it’s been good!
Spiders do exist here!!! Ahh!
(I'm surprised Kristin got this close to the spider, kinda proud of her. :o)

I’m glad that you were able to pull some off from the senior couple site; it was a lot of fun. We got together for our year mark :)                 No, Sister B and Sister Nelson aren't in my zone anymore but we got permission from president to go on our hike. It was fun! Sister Kofoed is in my zone now though which is fun because I haven't seen a lot of her on my mission so I’ve gotten to know her a lot better. She is also training so we have been a good support for one another and can talk about everything.

Well hope you all and have a good week!

Love,
Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment