Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 19, 2016

Hello family and friends,
So I figured I would start by telling you that I am feeling a lot better this week! After 4 days of feeling like I was dying I am a lot better now :) My stomach still hurts whenever I eat and I will probably have that the rest of my mission and hopefully it will get better when I get home but for now that is something I will just have to handle.
I have been doing okay. Because I was sick like this for 4 days, it made work really hard this week and it was a struggle but by the end of the week I was feeling a lot better and yesterday I rededicated myself. We had a really cool zone conference on Wednesday where President Funk from the Asian area presidency came to speak to us and he shared a lot of great insights with us. It was something I really needed to help me keep going strong. Right now the work is hard and we have no investigators at the moment. The one cool PI that we met with the other week isn't interested anymore. We met 3 times and then she told us that she doesn't want to meet anymore. So yea we don’t have any investigators but it’s okay, we are meeting with new members and less actives and I am looking for every opportunity to find people we can teach. I have a lot of cool experiences where I have gotten to be an example and to help others. I may not have the best work right now but I am trying my best and that is enough. The lord will bless us in our efforts. This is the Lords work and as long as I’m trying my best and being diligent, the lord will bless us in our efforts. It’s been a big learning experience for me. I love it here and I want to make these last 6 months to be great so I am going to try to do that! Ahh missions.... they really are crazy rollercoasters. haha.
Picture from previous outing

As for English, yes its suppose to start this week but I haven't heard anything. We have asked about it but they haven't said anything regarding it so I’m just going to wait. Sister Austin teaches at a medical university, so it’s a lot nicer! They are doing a new thing called an English Lab. Way too much to explain over email so ask when I get home :)

The long distance branch is doing well. It could be better, not many people are sitting in sacrament like before but it’s okay. We call them every week to see if they need any help and then we call to see if they will be able to sit in on sacrament meeting Sunday so we contact them each week about it.

Yes, today I went back and held the falcon this time. He put it on my shoulder! It was so sweet :) I wish I could send pics but my sd card has a virus and I don't know how to fix it. I hope it’s okay, it will be a shame to lose all those pics. But yea not much I can do about it. It was awesome though. Pujee the owner of the birds like loves me. haha. I got a pic with him that I will try to send later, hopefully when my sd card is fixed. Anyways he let me hold his birds for free and he gave Sister Bollwinkel, Sister Austin, and Sister Ulsen discounts because they were my friends. But he let me hold his eagle again and then he put the falcon on my shoulder and I got some sweet pics of that and he let me pet his falcon. Then I got cool pics on the camel again. except this time he had the camel stand up, I didn't ride it because we aren't allowed but he stood up and it was kinda scary but really cool so I got cool pics of that then he let me just hold the camel by the reins and I got a couple of fun selfies. haha. It was really awesome. I will try to send pics next week. But yea if we do plan to come back here during the summer, I will take you there and introduce you to Pujee :) he’s really nice.
Another outing

One more cool story! So I ran into an old member from Songino and I asked him about Tulguldur! My first investigator when I got here! Remember him? Anyways, turns out he moved but guess where he moved to! MY AREA! So I am going to try to get his information and meet with him! I will keep you updated on that! It was awesome :) I would love to teach him again! I would consider that a huge blessing! But yea that’s it for this week!

Love you all :) have a great week
Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment