Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 4, 2016

Hello,

Our P Day spent at the Genghis Khan Monument
This week was truly a blessing, we have a new investigator who is truly awesome and has been prepared by the lord. He was a referral from some other sisters who told us he had come to church that week and then wanted to meet with the missionaries. Ended up he was in our area and so the sisters gave him to us. His name is Bat-Erdene. He is 21 years old and is in the city for work now. He told me how he used to go to church when he was little and went for about 5 years and wanted to get baptized but because he was young he needed permission and his parents wouldn't give it. So now he is grown up in the city now (was from the country) and is working and wants to become a member. We have met with him two times and just finished teaching the first lesson this past time. During the last lesson, at the end, I extended to him the baptismal invitation which he has accepted :) The spirit was really strong during that lesson and it just felt right. So I said it and he said yes :) We are planning to help him work towards baptism for the 20th of November. We have had such great lessons with him and I am truly excited for him to continue to progress like he is! We are meeting with him tonight and will teach him the plan of salvation so that will be another great lesson. The Lord truly does work in his own timetable and I am slowly beginning to understand what that means. We need to learn to accept his own timetable and stop working according to our own desires of when we want things to happen. The Lord will do it His way and His time and in the end it will turn out to be the best way possible. Sometimes it is easy to forget that, but the Lord is definitely helping me learn this lesson this transfer. We have also been able to meet with our new members and less actives this week and it has been a good week. They are doing well and I am truly coming to love them.

 P Day
This mission really has been a huge blessing for me and has changed my life. Even though that may sound cliché and most missionaries say that but it is true. I wouldn't be able to be where I am today if it wasn't for this mission. Maybe I would have been able to get here but definitely not as soon as I did by being here. The lord has strengthened me and shaped me into a better person. The mission is definitely worth going through all the difficult times but I guess that the same can be said for life as well. Life is hard no question about it, but in the end it is worth it. We will be blessed beyond our understanding as we continue on this path. And despite the hard times we face we will be able to find strength in the Lord. He will help us overcome any struggle that we face. I have gained a strong testimony of that! I am happy to have been able to serve here. I have gained a stronger testimony and have come to love the culture and people here and they help make all these hard times worth it. We will always have good days and bad days, they just come with life but those bad days just make the good days we have so much better! But it’s also how you decide to deal with those bad days that make the difference as well. How we choose to react in the circumstances we have been given can either make or break us. The easiest and best choice will always be to react with a positive attitude which of course is easier said than done but it is also in the end, the best and easiest way. Because if we have a good attitude then we can get through those hard days and if we look for the blessings in life then in the end we will be so much happier. And eventually things will be better but until that time in order to be happy we must choose it. We have a choice. We can choose to be happy. And then remember that it’s in the Lords hands. This whole plan that was created for us and the whole reason we are here, all began with a choice. The fact we have the fullness of the gospel on the earth today began with a choice by a young man who chose to pray. The choices we make affect future generations. Our choices affect our families and those around us. So choose this day to be happy. That is my goal for these coming weeks and encourage
you all to make similar goals. :)

I started school and its going great! The students are awesome this year and so it will be a good year teaching wise. I enjoy it and look forward to seeing my students. With Sister Nelson and I understanding Mongolian now we are able to understand our students better. They know we understand but we won't really speak to them in Mongolian because in order for them to learn English they need to speak it all the time so if they get used to us translating in Mongolian it won’t help them as much so we decided not to speak it.
I hope that you have a good week! Love you all and until next week!

Love Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment