Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 18, 2016

Mission Conference
Hello everyone,


Hope that everyone has been able to have a good week, if not then make sure you make this one better :) For anyone feeling stressed out or having a lot on their plate right now please take time to step back from it all and do something FUN! haha trust me it helps and makes things so much better. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in all the many things that we have to do but let’s be honest there will always be little things that we have to do or need to get done but remember to just slow down and enjoy the ride :)

So this week was pretty good. Not much to really report on. We have a lot of potential investigators that keep popping up. Sometimes they lead somewhere and other times they don’t, but that’s just missionary work. It’s exciting when it does lead somewhere though. It is actually a great opportunity being able to introduce the gospel to them for the first time so even if nothing happens, a seed is being planted and Heavenly Father was giving them a chance to be able to hear the gospel and then they had their agency and were able to choose whether or not to accept it. So yea I think a lot of seed planting has been happening this transfer which I am actually becoming okay with. That is more than some people get to do. We actually get to meet a lot of new people each day and to be even able to teach them the first lesson and introduce it is a great opportunity. Before I would get sad and disappointed whenever it didn't work out the way I wanted it to but even though I am sad about it, I don't get discouraged anymore. I just keep trying and wait for the time where it actually does work out and they are prepared to hear our message:) It truly is a great work!
Choir Practice for conference


So yea, we still haven't been able to meet with Bat Erdene. Most Mongolians work long days and they work every day. He is an electrical engineer. Not sure exactly what he does at his job each day. I just know that he is an engineer for some place. Most people I’m not quite sure why they work so much. I never really asked why the hours are so long. But they definitely work more than the 40 hours a week and sometimes their job is just far away so it takes travel time as well which is why we are like never able to meet.

I’m not sure why they stopped having us go to the secondary school to teach. We do have a couple of more classes but it’s basically the same. We are not teaching the teachers anymore. We are just teaching students. It’s been fun.

It’s getting colder here :( I pulled out my thick tights again and boots. Goodbye fall hello winter:( haha. But it’s not too bad I guess. I’m staying warm so that’s good :)

Well I hope that you have a good week!


Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment