Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 29, 2016


Hello,

Well transfers happened. I was very surprised to hear what happened, I wasn't expecting it. So.... I’M
TRAINING! haha yaaay.... and I am WHITE WASHING! yaaay.... haha. So I have a new companion and a new area which I have never even seen. I am serving in American Denj now and I am also in a new zone. I have always been in the east zone but now I’m in the west zone. So I don't really know this area too well but it’s alright. We are surviving and doing well. Actually it has been great! Sister Austin is my new companion and she is really nice. She is from Utah... and is 19 years old. We kind of have the same sense of humor so it will be fun. She is nice and I look forward to getting to know her better. Being in American Denj, we are also now in charge of the Long Distance Branch so the elders and us hold the sacrament meeting for them and call them each week to see if they can sit in the sacrament meeting or not. This is all done through the phones so it is fun getting it all together! I’m excited to help out with that. Sunday was good, we were able to meet the members and get to know the ward better. We went to the ward council because they invited us to it so we were able to
get to know the leadership which was nice. Then we had actual church and it went well. We actually got a couple of new investigators that came to church for the first time and said they might be interested and so we will meet them this week and see. But something really cool happened last night. So Sunday night I was calling people and trying to meet with them. I went on a split with sister Nelson for about an hour and a half so she could kind of show me the area on Friday and so from that I knew where like 3 people lived so Sunday night I tried calling those people but of course they didn't pick up so I decided to call other people. One of our investigators with a baptismal date picked up and said that she was "cleaning nuts" haha but that we could come over. I had no idea where this lady lived but I looked at the teaching record and saw the "address" and so I was able to find a bus to take us up there but I had no idea where to get off and so I was asking everyone and so from that I was able to find the bus stop that I needed to get off at. When we got off I had no idea where to go so I called our investigator and her husband picked up and I asked him if he could meet us at the bus stop and he asked if a Mongolian person was there to talk to and I’m just like nope. And so he’s like okay I’m leaving now. When we met him the first thing he asked was like why do you have so many switches? He didn't understand why new missionaries would come. He’s like you are like the third ones that we have had so I tried explaining that it happens every 6 weeks and that we are just called to serve in different areas sometimes. I asked him if he was a member but he’s like no. I’m Buddhist and then started talking about how he knew about Christ and the cross and that he has read the bible some and talked about Adam and Eve and Eve being created by Adams rib and how they ate the fruit because they were tempted by Satan and that kind of thing but that’s about all he knew. But he said his daughters and wife have freedom and agency to take the lessons if they want to. He said it didn't matter; he wants them to take them. Then we finally got to their house and they were literally cleaning nuts like they said. The husband used to be in construction but work stopped and so he hasn't been able to get new work so he has been going up to the mountain and getting pine nuts from the trees and then he brings them down and they clean
them and take all the dirt of and wood pieces from the tree that came off because they sell for more money so I offered to help them clean and they were really happy about that so we helped them clean nuts and I just talked to them and got to know them. They have 4 daughters and then she is pregnant with a son who is due in December. She has been an investigator for 3 years and she heard about the church because her husband’s sister ended up being a member and actually most of his family is. She liked that it was a family centered church and the husband made a comment and was like I’m Buddhist but my family can believe in Christ and he’s like Bolno te? Which is like that’s okay right? That’s allowed right? And so I told him its allowed but just like his wife said we are a family church and I told him it would be so much better if they were all members. The wife knew we had to be home at a certain time and so after about 30 minutes of talking and serving them we had to leave but it was great getting to know them and just helping out. We prepared a scrip but I felt like we shouldn't share it. I just wanted to get to know them. and before we left she told us come back tomorrow or the next day and we will have a cool lesson and we will get to know you better and hear your lesson and the family will sit. I then looked at the husband and was like will you all sit including you and he said okay! He then took us down to the bus stop and we were talking again. And this is where the true blessing happened. As we were talking he was saying how he wants his daughters to be members and to serve missions. He said this is such a nice church and everyone is always so happy and full of joy and nice and he wants his kids to have this. He said we don't smoke and we don't drink. It’s a good church but it’s hard for him. I told him that it would be much better if he was a member with them and that he could bless his family by doing so. I said that he could be an example for them and show them the right way. Before we left I asked him about his wife. She has been getting the lessons right and he said yes. Then I asked if he ever sat in the lessons and he said no. He said he would go outside and smoke. I then told him that this gospel is such a blessing and I asked him if he would take the lessons and if he would sit in with his wife and hear them. He said he doesn't know, he has work and what not. So I asked if he is home will he just sit, listen and see and find out for himself what we have to offer. AND HE SAID YES :) It was so awesome! It was seriously the best night ever! I understood everything they said and they understood me. They said I speak Mongolian really well and were impressed and so it was a huge blessing. Heavenly Father was helping me that night. This guy is ready to hear this message. I can just feel it! I hope he will be there next time! It was a great experience and gave me the confidence I needed. I felt like I can do this! I love them so much already! I have been praying to love this ward and I already do! Love is the key to everything. It is the driving force that leads to action. When we love others we want the best for them and will do anything for them. We do things that we don't normally do so that we can help them. The work is GREAT!

I hope you all have a good week! Love ya! Enjoy the pics :)

Sister K



My Old District
Genghis Khan Memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment