Thursday, December 1, 2016

November 29th, 2016

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope you all had a good thanksgiving. This week was fairly good. We were able to meet with a couple of people. We have a new investigator that was a referral from the Stake President here and her name is Buynzaya. She is 26 years old, is married and has a son. She is really interested in learning about the church and so we have met with her about 3 times this week. She is great. The second time we met her we were teaching about the first vision and it was really funny because I was trying to relate it to her and so I asked her if she wanted to know the truth just like Joseph Smith and if she had the desire to ask God if this church really is true or not and she just straight up answers No! It took me by surprise because that usually isn't the answer I was expecting and I was just kind of like wait what. And I looked at my companion and was like did I ask that wrong and my companion said no you asked it right. Turns out she said no because she’s like I already feel that it is true. haha. So that was a neat experience. I’m not sure if she will be able to act on it though because she thinks a lot and is now having troubles because her religion before was shamanism and that was a family religion and this is like completely different and so she was just kind of having some internal struggle with that and now she is in the countryside so hopefully she comes back soon and we can meet with her and try to ease some of her worries. Our other investigator Bat-Erdene is doing well. He has been busy with a lot of work but on Dec 9th is when he said he will become free and we can meet with him then. I look forward to being able to teach him again because he is awesome! So yea that is about all regarding the work here. It’s going good overall and I’m enjoying this area still. :)

School is going good. I’m enjoying teaching but it’s been a little crazy this last week because I have had to be with a different companion each time because my wonderful teaching companion, Sister Nelson, got hit by a bus!! She was on an STL split and because its winter and roads are slippery. They were running to catch a bus and she slipped on some ice and the bus came and ran over her leg.... Don’t worry she is totally fine. A miracle for sure though! Her leg wasn't broken at all. Her leg should have been broken and her foot crushed but they took an x-ray and she only has a dent in her skin and her leg is just all bruised so she has to stay off her leg for 10 days! So I have just been companion floating for English. She is doing really good though and is a real trooper! I still can't believe that happened to her! Talk about getting one of those crazy mission stories! But yea she’s fine. :)

Nothing crazy has happened to me so don't worry. I only had an older man talk to me and tell me how he wanted to set me up on a date with his 26 year old son. haha. He said that he really wants me to meet him and go on a date... That was awkward and I just told him no sorry I can't do that. Other than that, not too much has happened. My mini missionary is doing good. We have had some fun together. So this is how a mini mission works for those who are curious: They are of mission age and they basically send in an application to the mission president. The mission president reviews it and then chooses the best one that will work with that companion. They are then set apart as a mini missionaries and stay with that companion until we no longer need them. So I only have a mini missionary for 3 weeks probably because transfers are on the 8th and new missionaries are coming. She is basically a real companion though and has to stay with me always. Mostly people are always wanting and willing to serve a mini mission. We just ask around the wards when we need one and then people apply. So yea that’s about it.

My companion actually just got back from Japan. She was there for 2 years studying and graduated in international relations. She is waiting for her own mission call right now and hopes to go to America after her mission she wants to go to BYU Provo so she is trying to do that. She is 21 years old and sometimes is more Japanese than Mongolian. haha. It’s been an interesting transfer for sure... lol.

During my personal study I have been studying patience, of course again, haha and I realize that having patience is basically waiting faithfully upon the Lord. It means trusting in him and his promises. The promise that one day we will receive all that we are waiting for, but as we wait for those promised blessings. It doesn't mean just sitting around letting life pass by. We are sent here to have joy. Out of all the things we are meant to do here on earth. The biggest one is to have joy and sometimes I think that we lose sight of that. Sometimes we let the worries of life get us down and we get upset or lose hope because of the smallest things that occur. But when we have patience we are letting go of our own wills and desires and giving it all to the Lord and having faith that His will is what needs to happen. So how can we align our will with His? For that is how we will truly find joy. If our wills are always differing, of course we will be upset when things don't work out, but if we learn to accept his will and his timing then we will find that joy that is promised to us in this life. Heavenly Father desires us to partake of it, we just have to be willing to accept it and part of that means humbling ourselves, being patient, having faith, and just trusting. Now I know better than anyone that patience is hard and can frankly suck at times because we have been raised in a world where we want everything when we want it and the way we want it. We are so used to being able to get things whenever and whatever we want and forget that this is not how the Lord works. For the Lord works our patience and our faith and this is why we experience certain trials in this life but it is so we may learn what the Lord wants us to learn. We forget that as we go through different things that most of the time the heavenly virtue of patience is required. But first take a step back, relax, and patiently wait and hold on to the faith that all will work together for our good. The promise of a bright tomorrow is ahead. Each day will be better and better if we choose to make it so.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week :)

Love, Sister Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment